Recipe makes about 18 pieces
Here's what you need :
- 270g of Mars Bars
- 120g of butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 120g of rice crispies
- 300g chocolate (whatever kind you like)
1. Line a tray with foil so that the mixture will not stick to the container.
2.Place the mars bars, butter and golden syrup in a pan on a medium-low heat. You have to stir constantly so it doesn't burn. When there are only a few nougat bits left, use the back of the spoon to squash them.
3. If there are still bits of nougat, turn the heat up to medium. Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth and together. Take the pan off the heat.
4.Pour the rice crispies into a large bowl along with the mars bar mixture and mix the crispies up so that every single one is coated.
5. Pour the combination into the foil lined tray and press down with the back of the spoon so that the mixture is evenly spread.
6. Melt the chocolate and spread all over the rice crispies. It doesn't matter how you melt the chocolate but I used the microwave as it is quicker.
7. Place the tray in the fridge to set. However I did not put mine in the fridge because there was no room but it still worked fine although it is a little sticky but I like it that way. I also sprinkled the remainder of some cornflake bites on the top because my mum was going to throw them in the bin otherwise.
8. Eat until your heart is content.